Subject: [PATCH 0/3] rebase -r: a bugfix and two status-related improvements

From: "Philippe Blain via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2025 17:03:18 +0000

Hi,

this series started as only 3/3, which I wrote when I noticed that 'git
status' suggested 'git commit' instead of 'git rebase --continue' to
conclude a merge, and doing that I lost the original authorship of the merge
commit.

2/3 is a small improvement I noticed along the way, and while testing these
I discovered the bug which I fix in 1/3. I guess 1/3 could go in a different
series, if we prefer, but for simplicity I'm submitting them together.

Philippe Blain (3):
  rebase -r: do create merge commit after empty resolution
  wt-status: also abbreviate 'merge' and 'fixup -C' lines during rebase
  wt-status: suggest 'git rebase --continue' to conclude 'merge'
    instruction

 sequencer.c                |  3 +-
 t/t3418-rebase-continue.sh | 24 ++++++++++++
 t/t7512-status-help.sh     | 75 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 wt-status.c                | 49 ++++++++++++++++++-------
 wt-status.h                |  1 +
 5 files changed, 138 insertions(+), 14 deletions(-)

base-commit: 683c54c999c301c2cd6f715c411407c413b1d84e
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1897%2Fphil-blain%2Fstatus-abbreviate-merge-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1897/phil-blain/status-abbreviate-merge-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1897
-- 
gitgitgadget