Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Some CI/buildsystems cleanup

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2025 07:39:47 +0000

This patch series drops a couple of no-longer-used parts of Git's code base.

Johannes Schindelin (3):
  ci: stop linking the `prove` cache
  contrib/buildsystems: drop support for building .vcproj/.vcxproj files
  config.mak.uname: drop the `vcxproj` target

 ci/run-build-and-tests.sh                  |   5 -
 ci/run-test-slice.sh                       |   5 -
 config.mak.uname                           |  76 ---
 contrib/buildsystems/Generators.pm         |  42 --
 contrib/buildsystems/Generators/QMake.pm   | 189 -------
 contrib/buildsystems/Generators/Vcproj.pm  | 579 ---------------------
 contrib/buildsystems/Generators/Vcxproj.pm | 402 --------------
 contrib/buildsystems/engine.pl             | 395 --------------
 contrib/buildsystems/generate              |  29 --
 contrib/buildsystems/parse.pl              | 228 --------
 10 files changed, 1950 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 contrib/buildsystems/Generators.pm
 delete mode 100644 contrib/buildsystems/Generators/QMake.pm
 delete mode 100644 contrib/buildsystems/Generators/Vcproj.pm
 delete mode 100644 contrib/buildsystems/Generators/Vcxproj.pm
 delete mode 100755 contrib/buildsystems/engine.pl
 delete mode 100755 contrib/buildsystems/generate
 delete mode 100755 contrib/buildsystems/parse.pl

base-commit: 6c0bd1fc70efaf053abe4e57c976afdc72d15377
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1916%2Fdscho%2Fci-fixes-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1916/dscho/ci-fixes-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1916
-- 
gitgitgadget