Subject: [PATCH 0/9] doc: convert checkout, switch and merge to new format

From: "Jean-Noël Avila via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2025 20:27:00 +0000

This is the follow-up in the conversion of the manpages to the synopsis
style.

This time, we address git checkout, git switch, git merge and git mergetool.

I added a small grammatical fixup in merge options.

Jean-Noël Avila (9):
  doc: convert git-checkout manpage to new style
  doc: convert git-merge manpage to new style
  doc: convert merge options to new synopsis format
  doc: merge-options.adoc remove a misleading double negation
  doc: convert merge strategies to synopsis format
  doc: switch merge config description to new synopsis format
  doc: convert git-mergetool manpage to new synopsis style
  doc: convert git-mergetool options to new synopsis style
  doc: convert git-switch manpage to new synopsis style

 Documentation/config/checkout.adoc      |  14 +-
 Documentation/config/fmt-merge-msg.adoc |   8 +-
 Documentation/config/merge.adoc         |  84 ++++-----
 Documentation/config/mergetool.adoc     |  54 +++---
 Documentation/git-checkout.adoc         | 228 ++++++++++++------------
 Documentation/git-merge.adoc            |  51 +++---
 Documentation/git-mergetool.adoc        |  62 +++----
 Documentation/git-switch.adoc           | 114 ++++++------
 Documentation/merge-options.adoc        | 110 ++++++------
 Documentation/merge-strategies.adoc     |  58 +++---
 Documentation/mergetools/vimdiff.adoc   |  16 +-
 Documentation/rerere-options.adoc       |   4 +-
 12 files changed, 403 insertions(+), 400 deletions(-)

base-commit: 845c48a16a7f7b2c44d8cb137b16a4a1f0140229
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1927%2Fjnavila%2Fcheckout_merge-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1927/jnavila/checkout_merge-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1927
-- 
gitgitgadget