Subject: [PATCH 0/2] contrib/subtree: Add -S/-gpg-sign

From: "Patrik Weiskircher via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2025 16:40:37 +0000

This patch adds support for the -S/--gpg-sign option to the git subtree
command.

Currently, git subtree creates squash and merge commits without applying GPG
signatures, even when commit signing is configured via commit.gpgSign. This
causes issues in repositories that require signed commits for policy
reasons.

The implementation ensures that -S/--gpg-sign behaves consistently with
other Git commands, passing the flag through to git commit-tree and git
merge where appropriate.

This change improves compatibility with workflows and repositories that
enforce signed commits.

Changes have been made to this patch according to a discussion with Junio C
Hamano [email-masked] on my previous patch attempt.

Patrik Weiskircher (2):
  contrib/subtree: parse using --stuck-long
  contrib/subtree: add -S/--gpg-sign

 contrib/subtree/git-subtree.adoc   |  19 +++--
 contrib/subtree/git-subtree.sh     |  66 ++++++++---------
 contrib/subtree/t/t7900-subtree.sh | 113 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 3 files changed, 158 insertions(+), 40 deletions(-)

base-commit: 7014b55638da979331baf8dc31c4e1d697cf2d67
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1928%2Fpweiskircher%2Fsubtree-sign-the-second-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1928/pweiskircher/subtree-sign-the-second-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1928
-- 
gitgitgadget