Subject: [PATCH 0/8] Drop support for git rebase --preserve-merges

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2019 20:50:34 +0000

In 427c3bd28ab (rebase: deprecate --preserve-merges, 2019-03-11) (which was
included in v2.22.0), we officially deprecated the --preserve-merges 
backend. This patch series drops that deprecated backend. Maybe we want to
make that happen around v2.26.0?

Note: this patch series is based on js/git-svn-use-rebase-merges

Johannes Schindelin (8):
  t5520: do not use `pull.rebase=preserve`
  remote: warn about unhandled branch.<name>.rebase values
  tests: stop testing `git rebase --preserve-merges`
  pull: remove support for `--rebase=preserve`
  rebase: drop support for `--preserve-merges`
  git-svn: drop support for `--preserve-merges`
  rebase: drop the internal `rebase--interactive` command
  remote: no longer claim that branch.*.rebase=preserve is a thing

 .gitignore                                |    1 -
 Documentation/config/branch.txt           |    4 -
 Documentation/config/pull.txt             |    4 -
 Documentation/git-pull.txt                |    6 +-
 Documentation/git-rebase.txt              |   47 -
 Documentation/git-svn.txt                 |    1 -
 Makefile                                  |    2 -
 azure-pipelines.yml                       |    2 -
 builtin/pull.c                            |   12 +-
 builtin/rebase.c                          |  316 +-----
 builtin/remote.c                          |    5 +-
 contrib/completion/git-completion.bash    |    2 +-
 git-rebase--preserve-merges.sh            | 1067 ---------------------
 git-svn.perl                              |    1 -
 git.c                                     |    1 -
 t/t3404-rebase-interactive.sh             |   76 --
 t/t3408-rebase-multi-line.sh              |   10 -
 t/t3409-rebase-preserve-merges.sh         |  127 ---
 t/t3410-rebase-preserve-dropped-merges.sh |   90 --
 t/t3411-rebase-preserve-around-merges.sh  |   80 --
 t/t3412-rebase-root.sh                    |   37 -
 t/t3414-rebase-preserve-onto.sh           |   85 --
 t/t3418-rebase-continue.sh                |   15 -
 t/t3421-rebase-topology-linear.sh         |   19 -
 t/t3422-rebase-incompatible-options.sh    |   11 -
 t/t3425-rebase-topology-merges.sh         |  151 ---
 t/t3427-rebase-subtree.sh                 |   19 -
 t/t5520-pull.sh                           |   24 +-
 t/t7505-prepare-commit-msg-hook.sh        |    1 -
 t/t7517-per-repo-email.sh                 |   13 -
 t/test-lib.sh                             |    4 -
 31 files changed, 17 insertions(+), 2216 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 git-rebase--preserve-merges.sh
 delete mode 100755 t/t3409-rebase-preserve-merges.sh
 delete mode 100755 t/t3410-rebase-preserve-dropped-merges.sh
 delete mode 100755 t/t3411-rebase-preserve-around-merges.sh
 delete mode 100755 t/t3414-rebase-preserve-onto.sh

base-commit: ea8b7be1476a2301e3658a8e626b69c9d7f540bd
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-195%2Fdscho%2Fdrop-rebase-p-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-195/dscho/drop-rebase-p-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/195
-- 
gitgitgadget