Subject: [PATCH 0/2] progress: replace setitimer() with alarm()

From: "Carlo Marcelo Arenas Belón via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2025 13:22:55 +0000

The first patch does the minimum changes required to swap the underlying
function, but introduce a race condition that is addressed in the second
patch.

A third patch that does further changes to the Windows compatibility layer
was punted.

Carlo Marcelo Arenas Belón (2): progress: replace setitimer() with alarm()
progress: add a shutting down state to the SIGALRM handler

Makefile | 12 ------------ compat/mingw-posix.h | 9 +-------- compat/mingw.c
| 46 ++++++++++++++++---------------------------- compat/posix.h | 17
---------------- configure.ac | 13 ------------- meson.build | 16
--------------- progress.c | 29 +++++++++++++++------------- 7 files
changed, 34 insertions(+), 108 deletions(-)

Carlo Marcelo Arenas Belón (2):
  progress: replace setitimer() with alarm()
  progress: add a shutting down state to the SIGALRM handler

 Makefile             | 12 ------------
 compat/mingw-posix.h |  9 +--------
 compat/mingw.c       | 46 ++++++++++++++++----------------------------
 compat/posix.h       | 17 ----------------
 configure.ac         | 13 -------------
 meson.build          | 16 ---------------
 progress.c           | 29 +++++++++++++++-------------
 7 files changed, 34 insertions(+), 108 deletions(-)

base-commit: 1fa68948c3d76328236cac73d2adf33c905bd8e3
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1960%2Fcarenas%2Fnoitimer-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1960/carenas/noitimer-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1960
-- 
gitgitgadget