Subject: [PATCH v2 0/3] libgit-rs: add get_bool() method to ConfigSet

From: "ions via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2025 00:07:36 +0000

Purpose

This pull request introduces a get_bool() method to the ConfigSet module in
the libgit-rs library. The goal is to enhance the functionality of ConfigSet
by providing a way to fetch and handle boolean configuration values more
easily and consistently.

Implementation Details

• Added a get_bool() method to the ConfigSet module.

• The method retrieves configuration values as boolean values, ensuring
proper parsing and error handling.

• This addition simplifies the process of working with boolean
configurations for developers using the ConfigSet module.

Testing

• Added unit tests to verify the correctness of the get_bool() method.

• Tested edge cases to ensure robustness.

ionnss (3):
  po: fix escaped underscores in README.md
  libgit-rs: add get_bool() method to ConfigSet
  libgit-rs: address review feedback for get_bool()

 contrib/libgit-rs/src/config.rs    | 27 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 contrib/libgit-rs/testdata/config3 |  2 +-
 contrib/libgit-rs/testdata/config4 | 10 ++++++++++
 contrib/libgit-sys/src/lib.rs      |  6 ++++++
 po/README.md                       |  6 +++---
 5 files changed, 47 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 contrib/libgit-rs/testdata/config4

base-commit: bb69721404348ea2db0a081c41ab6ebfe75bdec8
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1977%2Fionnss%2Fadd-rust-configset-get-bool-v2
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1977/ionnss/add-rust-configset-get-bool-v2
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1977

Range-diff vs v1:

 1:  d7810781fc = 1:  d7810781fc po: fix escaped underscores in README.md
 2:  a5904a2ac0 = 2:  a5904a2ac0 libgit-rs: add get_bool() method to ConfigSet
 -:  ---------- > 3:  43784e3ff9 libgit-rs: address review feedback for get_bool()

-- 
gitgitgadget