Subject: [PATCH v2 0/3] doc: convert fetch pull push to synopsis style

From: "Jean-Noël Avila via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2025 12:48:49 +0000

This is the continuity of the conversion to the synopsis style with a few
additional formatting changes.

Change since V1: While proofreading again, I found a typo (extraneous
underscore character).

Jean-Noël Avila (3):
  doc: convert git fetch to synopsis style
  doc: convert git pull to synopsis style
  doc: convert git push to synopsis style

 Documentation/config/fetch.adoc     |  60 +++----
 Documentation/config/push.adoc      | 113 ++++++------
 Documentation/fetch-options.adoc    | 211 +++++++++++-----------
 Documentation/git-fetch.adoc        |  48 ++---
 Documentation/git-pull.adoc         |  61 ++++---
 Documentation/git-push.adoc         | 267 +++++++++++++++-------------
 Documentation/merge-options.adoc    |   2 +-
 Documentation/pull-fetch-param.adoc |  50 +++---
 Documentation/urls-remotes.adoc     |  18 +-
 builtin/fetch.c                     |   2 +-
 10 files changed, 427 insertions(+), 405 deletions(-)

base-commit: fd372d9b1a69a01a676398882bbe3840bf51fe72
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-2002%2Fjnavila%2Fdoc_git_fetch-v2
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-2002/jnavila/doc_git_fetch-v2
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/2002

Range-diff vs v1:

 1:  397f56d874 ! 1:  994f6ee414 doc: convert git fetch to synopsis style
     @@ Documentation/pull-fetch-param.adoc: namespace it's being fetched to, the type o
       +
       Until Git version 2.20, and unlike when pushing with
       linkgit:git-push[1], any updates to `refs/tags/*` would be accepted
     -@@ Documentation/pull-fetch-param.adoc: object.
     - When the remote branch you want to fetch is known to
     - be rewound and rebased regularly, it is expected that
     - its new tip will not be a descendant of its previous tip
     --(as stored in your remote-tracking branch the last time
     -+(as stored in your remote-tracking branch the last time_
     - you fetched).  You would want
     - to use the `+` sign to indicate non-fast-forward updates
     - will be needed for such branches.  There is no way to
      @@ Documentation/pull-fetch-param.adoc: must know this is the expected usage pattern for a branch.
       ifdef::git-pull[]
       +
 2:  5b1e64bdf8 = 2:  6e9ea10311 doc: convert git pull to synopsis style
 3:  e5526eaf58 = 3:  9c70b341bb doc: convert git push to synopsis style

-- 
gitgitgadget