Subject: [PATCH 0/5] doc: convert git-status, git remote and git stage to synopsis style

From: "Jean-Noël Avila via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2025 19:16:22 +0000

The changes are basically the expected stuff for synopsis conversion, and a
few cases of "imperative mood" style.

Additionally, this series has two special commits

 * fix to the comparison of synopsis and help, to allow using synopsis
   paragraph elsewhere in manpages
 * the "ascii art" tables in git-status are converted to plain asciidoc
   tables. The alignment output is managed by the asciidoc processor.

The second patch is a RFC as to whether we should convert our tables or not.
For the translations of the manual pages, this setup simplifies the
maintenance, because we are able to export each table cell as a separate
segment.

Jean-Noël Avila (5):
  doc: fix t0450-txt-doc-vs-help to select only first synopsis block
  doc: convert git-status to synopsis style
  doc: convert git-status tables to AsciiDoc format
  doc: convert git stage to use synopsis block
  doc: convert git-remote to synopsis style

 Documentation/git-remote.adoc | 106 +++++-----
 Documentation/git-stage.adoc  |   4 +-
 Documentation/git-status.adoc | 356 +++++++++++++++++-----------------
 t/t0450-txt-doc-vs-help.sh    |   2 +-
 4 files changed, 238 insertions(+), 230 deletions(-)

base-commit: c4a0c8845e2426375ad257b6c221a3a7d92ecfda
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-2020%2Fjnavila%2Fdoc_git_status-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-2020/jnavila/doc_git_status-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/2020
-- 
gitgitgadget