Subject: [PATCH] docs: remove stray bracket from git-clone synopsis

From: "Knut Harald Ryager via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2025 14:46:17 +0000

From: E-K-n <[email-masked]>

The git-clone documentation contained an extra ‘]’ after
`--also-filter-submodules]`.

This patch removes the duplicate ‘]’ so that the line reads:

    [--also-filter-submodules] [--] <repository>

instead of:

    [--also-filter-submodules]] [--] <repository>

Signed-off-by: Knut Harald Ryager <[email-masked]>
---
    Remove excess right bracket from git-clone docs

Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-git-2023%2FKnutRyager%2Fmaster-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-git-2023/KnutRyager/master-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/git/git/pull/2023

 Documentation/git-clone.adoc | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/Documentation/git-clone.adoc b/Documentation/git-clone.adoc
index 222d558290e..851502552f2 100644
--- a/Documentation/git-clone.adoc
+++ b/Documentation/git-clone.adoc
@@ -16,7 +16,7 @@ git clone [--template=<template-directory>]
 	  [--depth <depth>] [--[no-]single-branch] [--[no-]tags]
 	  [--recurse-submodules[=<pathspec>]] [--[no-]shallow-submodules]
 	  [--[no-]remote-submodules] [--jobs <n>] [--sparse] [--[no-]reject-shallow]
-	  [--filter=<filter-spec>] [--also-filter-submodules]] [--] <repository>
+	  [--filter=<filter-spec>] [--also-filter-submodules] [--] <repository>
 	  [<directory>]
 
 DESCRIPTION

base-commit: e813a0200a7121b97fec535f0d0b460b0a33356c
-- 
gitgitgadget