Subject: [PATCH] doc: add discord to ways of getting help

From: "Daniele Sassoli via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2025 19:02:07 +0000

From: Daniele Sassoli <[email-masked]>

Discord is a great way of receiving help for members of the community
that are not on the mailing list or not familiar with Libera.

Adding it to the official documentation will aid discoverability of it.

The joining link was generated with a never expire policy.

Signed-off-by: Daniele Sassoli <[email-masked]>
---
    doc: add discord to ways of getting help

Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-git-2033%2FDanieleSassoli%2Fmaster-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-git-2033/DanieleSassoli/master-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/git/git/pull/2033

 Documentation/MyFirstContribution.adoc | 9 +++++++++
 1 file changed, 9 insertions(+)

diff --git a/Documentation/MyFirstContribution.adoc b/Documentation/MyFirstContribution.adoc
index aca7212cfe2..0293a410289 100644
--- a/Documentation/MyFirstContribution.adoc
+++ b/Documentation/MyFirstContribution.adoc
@@ -52,6 +52,15 @@ respond to you. It's better to ask your questions in the channel so that you
 can be answered if you disconnect and so that others can learn from the
 conversation.
 
+==== https://discord.gg/dxGanGcBSP[#discord] on Discord
+This is the unofficial Git Discord server for everyone, from people just
+starting out with Git to those who develop it. It's a great place to ask
+questions, share tips, and connect with the broader Git community in real time.
+
+The server has channels for general discussions and specific channels for those
+who use Git and those who develop it. The server's search functionality also
+allows you to find previous conversations and answers to common questions.
+
 [[getting-started]]
 == Getting Started

base-commit: c44beea485f0f2feaf460e2ac87fdd5608d63cf0
-- 
gitgitgadget