Subject: [PATCH] stash: don't show irrelevant entry count in status

From: "Miroma via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2025 11:35:39 +0000

From: Miroma <[email-masked]>

Currently, when status.showStash is set, 'stash pop' shows the
following, confusing, output:

    ...
    Your stash currently has 1 entry
    Dropped refs/stash@{0} (abc123...)

Signed-off-by: Miroma <[email-masked]>
---
    stash: don't show irrelevant entry count in status

Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-git-2067%2Fits-miroma%2Fstash-no-status-showStash-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-git-2067/its-miroma/stash-no-status-showStash-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/git/git/pull/2067

 builtin/stash.c | 3 +++
 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+)

diff --git a/builtin/stash.c b/builtin/stash.c
index 1977e50df2..2bd4b7d753 100644
--- a/builtin/stash.c
+++ b/builtin/stash.c
@@ -705,6 +705,9 @@ restore_untracked:
 			     absolute_path(repo_get_work_tree(the_repository)));
 		strvec_pushf(&cp.env, GIT_DIR_ENVIRONMENT"=%s",
 			     absolute_path(repo_get_git_dir(the_repository)));
+		strvec_push(&cp.env, "GIT_CONFIG_COUNT=1");
+		strvec_push(&cp.env, "GIT_CONFIG_KEY_0=status.showStash");
+		strvec_push(&cp.env, "GIT_CONFIG_VALUE_0=false");
 		strvec_push(&cp.args, "status");
 		run_command(&cp);
 	}

base-commit: c44beea485f0f2feaf460e2ac87fdd5608d63cf0
-- 
gitgitgadget