Subject: [PATCH] t2107: modernize path existence check

From: "QUANTUM via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2026 18:12:35 +0000

From: Aditya <[email-masked]>

Replace '! test -f' with 'test_path_is_missing' for better
debugging information when the assertion fails.

Found using: git grep "test -[efd]" t/t????-*.sh

Signed-off-by: Aditya <[email-masked]>
---
    [GSoC] t2107: modernize path existence check

Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-2071%2FQuantumDev-CERN%2Fgsoc-microproject-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-2071/QuantumDev-CERN/gsoc-microproject-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/2071

 t/t2107-update-index-basic.sh | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/t/t2107-update-index-basic.sh b/t/t2107-update-index-basic.sh
index cc72ead79f..3bffe5da8a 100755
--- a/t/t2107-update-index-basic.sh
+++ b/t/t2107-update-index-basic.sh
@@ -86,7 +86,7 @@ test_expect_success '.lock files cleaned up' '
 	# the_index.cache_changed is zero, rollback_lock_file fails
 	git update-index --refresh --verbose >out &&
 	test_must_be_empty out &&
-	! test -f .git/index.lock
+	test_path_is_missing .git/index.lock
 	)
 '

base-commit: ca1db8a0f7dc0dbea892e99f5b37c5fe5861be71
-- 
gitgitgadget