Subject: [PATCH] Fix typo in MaintNotes regarding versioning scheme

From: "Silas via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2026 15:39:30 +0000

From: Silas <[email-masked]>

Corrected a typo in the versioning scheme description.

Signed-off-by: bear8642 <[email-masked]>
---
    Fix typo in MaintNotes regarding versioning scheme

Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-git-2209%2Fbear8642%2Fpatch-1-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-git-2209/bear8642/patch-1-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/git/git/pull/2209

 MaintNotes | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/MaintNotes b/MaintNotes
index 12ba677c36..399d74807e 100644
--- a/MaintNotes
+++ b/MaintNotes
@@ -183,7 +183,7 @@ ready to be used in a production setting.  Every now and then, a
 "feature release" is cut from the tip of this branch.  They used to be
 named with three dotted decimal digits (e.g., "1.8.5"), but we have
 switched the versioning scheme and "feature releases" are named with
-ttwo-dotted decimal digits (e.g. "2.53"), whose tag ends with ".0"
+two-dotted decimal digits (e.g. "2.53"), whose tag ends with ".0"
 (e.g., "v2.53.0").
 
 The last such release was Git 2.53, made on Feb 2nd, 2026.  We aim to

base-commit: 0ceb40560a5cca1c98c1d1b37a1f3254fbdd2efd
-- 
gitgitgadget