Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Fix racy fsmonitor

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2019 05:23:46 -0700 (PDT)

The t7519-status-fsmonitor.sh tests became a lot more flaky with the recent
fsmonitor fix (js/fsmonitor-refresh-after-discarding-index). That fix,
however, did not introduce the flakiness, but it just made it much more
likely to be hit. And it seemed to be hit only on Windows.

The reason, though, is that the fsmonitor feature failed to mark the
in-memory index as changed, i.e. in need of writing, and it was the 
has_racy_timestamp() test that hid this bug in most cases (although a lot
less on Windows, where the files' mtimes are actually a lot more accurate
than on Linux).

This fixes https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/issues/197

Johannes Schindelin (2):
  fill_stat_cache_info(): prepare for an fsmonitor fix
  mark_fsmonitor_valid(): mark the index as changed if needed

 apply.c                |  2 +-
 builtin/update-index.c |  2 +-
 cache.h                |  2 +-
 diff-lib.c             |  2 +-
 entry.c                |  2 +-
 fsmonitor.h            |  5 +++--
 preload-index.c        |  2 +-
 read-cache.c           | 10 +++++-----
 8 files changed, 14 insertions(+), 13 deletions(-)

base-commit: aa25c82427ae70aebf3b8f970f2afd54e9a2a8c6
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-223%2Fdscho%2Ffix-racy-fsmonitor-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-223/dscho/fix-racy-fsmonitor-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/223
-- 
gitgitgadget