Subject: [PATCH 0/2] t/pack-refs-tests: fix helper usage

From: "Jayesh Daga via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2026 12:46:24 +0000

High-level (Intent & Context)
=============================

The test script t/pack-refs-tests.sh has two issues that prevent it from
running correctly.

It uses: ! test -f .git/refs/heads/f

This is inconsistent with the Git test framework, where helper functions
such as test_path_is_missing should be used instead of raw test checks.

Low-level (Implementation & Justification)
==========================================

Without sourcing test-lib.sh, the test framework is not initialized, leading
to errors such as: test_expect_success: not found

 * Replaced raw file check with the appropriate helper:

- ! test -f .git/refs/heads/f
+ test_path_is_missing .git/refs/heads/f

Summary

 * Replace test -f with test_path_is_missing

jayesh0104 (2):
  t/pack-refs-tests: drop '-f' from test_path_is_missing
  t/pack-refs-tests: drop '-f' from test_path_is_missing

 t/pack-refs-tests.sh | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

base-commit: 6e8d538aab8fe4dd07ba9fb87b5c7edcfa5706ad
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-git-2247%2Fjayesh0104%2Ffix-pack-refs-test-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-git-2247/jayesh0104/fix-pack-refs-test-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/git/git/pull/2247
-- 
gitgitgadget