Subject: [PATCH 0/2] [GSoC Patch] t2000: modernize path checks to use helper functions

From: "Zakariyah Ali via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2026 11:07:40 +0000

This is my GSoC microproject submission modernizing test path checks in
t/t2000-conflict-when-checking-files-out.sh.

Replace old-style path checks using test -f, test -d, and test ! -h with
dedicated test helper functions for improved test clarity and consistency.

This modernization improves test script readability by using Git's dedicated
test helpers:

test -f → test_path_is_file test -d → test_path_is_dir test ! -h && test -f
→ test_path_is_file_not_symlink test ! -h && test -d →
test_path_is_dir_not_symlink Found instances using: git grep 'test -[efd]'
t/ | grep 'test -[efd].*&&'

Converted 5 instances in t/t2000-conflict-when-checking-files-out.sh

This improves test clarity and consistency across the test suite.

I'm excited to contribute to Git and look forward to your feedback!

Zakariyah Ali (2):
  t2000: consolidate second scenario into a single test block
  t2000: cleanup unused debug code and variables

 t/t2000-conflict-when-checking-files-out.sh | 65 +++------------------
 1 file changed, 8 insertions(+), 57 deletions(-)

base-commit: 60f07c4f5c5f81c8a994d9e06b31a4a3a1679864
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-git-2256%2Falibaba0010%2Fmodernize-test-path-checking-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-git-2256/alibaba0010/modernize-test-path-checking-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/git/git/pull/2256
-- 
gitgitgadget