Subject: [PATCH 0/4] Let the builtin rebase call the git am command directly

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2018 05:17:35 -0800 (PST)

Especially on Windows, where Unix shell scripting is a foreign endeavor, and
an expensive one at that, we really want to avoid running through the Bash.

This not only makes everything faster, but also more robust, as the Bash we
use on Windows relies on a derivative of the Cygwin runtime, which in turn
has to jump through a couple of hoops that are sometimes a little too tricky
to make things work. Read: the less we rely on Unix shell scripting, the
more likely Windows users will be able to enjoy our software.

Johannes Schindelin (4):
  rebase: move `reset_head()` into a better spot
  rebase: avoid double reflog entry when switching branches
  rebase: teach `reset_head()` to optionally skip the worktree
  built-in rebase: call `git am` directly

 builtin/rebase.c | 428 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------------
 1 file changed, 309 insertions(+), 119 deletions(-)

base-commit: b21ebb671bb7dea8d342225f0d66c41f4e54d5ca
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tags/pr-24%2Fdscho%2Fbuiltin-rebase--am-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-24/dscho/builtin-rebase--am-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/24
-- 
gitgitgadget