Subject: [PATCH 0/1] Define GIT_TEST_COMMIT_GRAPH for commit-graph test coverage

From: "Derrick Stolee via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2018 13:33:22 -0700 (PDT)

The commit-graph (and multi-pack-index) features are optional data
structures that can make Git operations faster. Since they are optional, we
do not enable them in most Git tests. The commit-graph is tested in
t5318-commit-graph.sh (and t6600-test-reach.sh in ds/reachable), but that
one script cannot cover the data shapes present in the rest of the test
suite.

This patch introduces a new test environment variable, GIT_TEST_COMMIT_GRAPH
. Similar to GIT_TEST_SPLIT_INDEX, it enables the commit-graph and writes it
with every git commit command. Thanks, Duy, for pointing out this direction
[1].

A few tests needed to be modified. These are the same tests that were
mentioned in my previous example patch [2].

When this merges down, I'll create a CI build in VSTS that runs the test
suite with this option enabled.

Thanks, -Stolee

[1] 
https://public-inbox.org/git/CACsJy8CKnXVJYkKM_W=N=Vq-TVXf+YCqZP_uP7B-dN_6xddB=[email-masked]/
Re: [PATCH 0/9] multi-pack-index cleanups (Discussing test environment
variables)

[2] 
https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/
[PATCH] DO-NOT-MERGE: write and read commit-graph always

Based-On: ds/commit-graph-with-grafts Cc: [email-masked]

Derrick Stolee (1):
  commit-graph: define GIT_TEST_COMMIT_GRAPH

 builtin/commit.c                    |  4 ++++
 commit-graph.c                      |  5 +++--
 commit-graph.h                      |  2 ++
 t/README                            |  4 ++++
 t/t0410-partial-clone.sh            |  2 +-
 t/t5307-pack-missing-commit.sh      | 10 ++++++++--
 t/t6011-rev-list-with-bad-commit.sh | 10 ++++++----
 t/t6024-recursive-merge.sh          |  9 ++++++---
 8 files changed, 34 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)

base-commit: 829a321569d8e8f2c582aef9f0c990df976ab842
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tags/pr-26%2Fderrickstolee%2Fshallow%2Ftest-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-26/derrickstolee/shallow/test-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/26
-- 
gitgitgadget