Subject: [PATCH 0/4] Support building with GCC v8.x/v9.x

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2019 04:49:43 -0700 (PDT)

I noticed a while ago that I could not build Git's master in Git for
Windows' SDK when using GCC v8.x. This became a much less pressing problem
when I discovered a serious bug that would not let us compile with ASLR/DEP
enabled (the resulting executables would just throw segmentation faults left
and right), so I put these patches on the backburner for a while.

But now GCC v8.x is fixed, and MSYS2 even switched to GCC v9.x (which found
yet another problem that I fix in patch 4/4 of this patch series). So it is
time to get Git's master ready.

Johannes Schindelin (4):
  poll (mingw): allow compiling with GCC 8 and DEVELOPER=1
  kwset: allow building with GCC 8
  winansi: simplify loading the GetCurrentConsoleFontEx() function
  config: avoid calling `labs()` on too-large data type

 compat/poll/poll.c |  2 +-
 compat/winansi.c   | 14 +++++---------
 config.c           |  4 ++--
 kwset.c            |  8 +++++++-
 4 files changed, 15 insertions(+), 13 deletions(-)

base-commit: b697d92f56511e804b8ba20ccbe7bdc85dc66810
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-265%2Fdscho%2Fgcc-8-and-9-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-265/dscho/gcc-8-and-9-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/265
-- 
gitgitgadget