Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Add GIT_TEST_MULTI_PACK_INDEX environment variable

From: "Derrick Stolee via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2018 08:17:02 -0700 (PDT)

To increase coverage of the multi-pack-index feature, add a
GIT_TEST_MULTI_PACK_INDEX environment variable similar to other GIT_TEST_*
variables.

After creating the environment variable and running the test suite with it
enabled, I found a few bugs in the multi-pack-index implementation. These
are handled by the first two patches.

I have set up a CI build on Azure Pipelines [1] that runs the test suite
with a few optional features enabled, including GIT_TEST_MULTI_PACK_INDEX
and GIT_TEST_COMMIT_GRAPH. I'll use this to watch the features and ensure
they work well with the rest of the ongoing work. Eventually, we can add
these variables to the Travis CI scripts.

[1] https://git.visualstudio.com/git/_build?definitionId=4

Derrick Stolee (3):
  midx: fix broken free() in close_midx()
  midx: close multi-pack-index on repack
  multi-pack-index: define GIT_TEST_MULTI_PACK_INDEX

 builtin/repack.c            |  8 ++++++++
 midx.c                      | 17 +++++++++++++----
 midx.h                      |  4 ++++
 t/README                    |  4 ++++
 t/t5310-pack-bitmaps.sh     |  1 +
 t/t5319-multi-pack-index.sh |  2 +-
 t/t9300-fast-import.sh      |  2 +-
 7 files changed, 32 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)

base-commit: f84b9b09d40408cf91bbc500d9f190a7866c3e0f
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tags/pr-27%2Fderrickstolee%2Fmidx-test%2Fupstream-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-27/derrickstolee/midx-test/upstream-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/27
-- 
gitgitgadget