Subject: [PATCH v2 0/3] Quieter sequencer status parsing

From: "Phillip Wood via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 07:12:43 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for the comments on v1. I've updated the commit message of the second
patch to try and explain why the new function is not a straight-forward copy
of the old code

If we cannot parse the oid in the sequencer todo file do not show an error
when running git status but instead report that a cherry-pick or revert is
in progress. This addresses a confusing error message reported in 
https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/

These patches are based on maint

Cc: Johannes Schindelin [email-masked]
[[email-masked]]

Phillip Wood (3):
  sequencer: always allow tab after command name
  sequencer: factor out todo command name parsing
  status: do not report errors in sequencer/todo

 sequencer.c            | 43 +++++++++++++++++++++---------------------
 t/t7512-status-help.sh | 16 ++++++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 37 insertions(+), 22 deletions(-)

base-commit: b697d92f56511e804b8ba20ccbe7bdc85dc66810
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-275%2Fphillipwood%2Fwip%2Fquieter%C2%A0sequencer%C2%A0status%C2%A0parsing-v2
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-275/phillipwood/wip/quieter sequencer status parsing-v2
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/275

Range-diff vs v1:

 1:  a5bede1cf9 = 1:  a5bede1cf9 sequencer: always allow tab after command name
 2:  ebe8a2b3a1 ! 2:  c3885c0b8f sequencer: factor out todo command name parsing
     @@ -3,9 +3,19 @@
          sequencer: factor out todo command name parsing
      
          Factor out the code that parses the name of the command at the start of
     -    each line in the todo file into it's own function so that it can be used
     +    each line in the todo file into its own function so that it can be used
          in the next commit.
      
     +    As I don't want to burden other callers with having to pass in a pointer
     +    to the end of the line the test for an abbreviated command is
     +    changed. This change should not affect the behavior. Instead of testing
     +    `eol == bol + 1` the new code checks for the end of the line by testing
     +    for '\n', '\r' or '\0' following the abbreviated name. To avoid reading
     +    past the end of an empty string it also checks that there is actually a
     +    single character abbreviation before testing if it matches. This
     +    prevents it from matching '\0' as the abbreviated name and then trying
     +    to read another character.
     +
          Signed-off-by: Phillip Wood <[email-masked]>
      
       diff --git a/sequencer.c b/sequencer.c
 3:  af4b823caa = 3:  3e8fb61fb8 status: do not report errors in sequencer/todo

-- 
gitgitgadget