Subject: [PATCH 0/1] git-p4: close temporary file before removing

From: "Philip McGraw via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2019 17:36:21 -0700 (PDT)

python os.remove() throws exceptions on Windows platform when attempting to
remove file while still open.

Add local allocateTempFileName() to clarify that only the name is being
allocated by NamedTemporaryFile(); file and handle are closed (but not
deleted) when leave scope. Subsequent file deletion will succeed since file
was closed.

Also print error details after resulting IOError to make debugging cause of
exception less mysterious when it has nothing to do with "git version recent
enough."

Philip.McGraw (1):
  git-p4: close temporary file before removing

 git-p4.py | 21 ++++++++++++++-------
 1 file changed, 14 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-)

base-commit: 026dd738a6e5f1e42ef0f390feacb5ed6acc4ee8
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-301%2Fphilip-mcgraw%2Fgit-p4-close-temporary-file-before-remove-v2-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-301/philip-mcgraw/git-p4-close-temporary-file-before-remove-v2-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/301
-- 
gitgitgadget