Subject: [PATCH 0/1] Fix two documentation typos

From: "Mark Rushakoff via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2019 22:33:50 -0700 (PDT)

I noticed a couple typos while reading through some manpages. 

First was "...if it is does not..." which just contained an extraneous "is".

Then I noticed a "can not" and updated that and other occurrences in
Documentation to cannot. The glossary sentence with "can not" was
"Consequently, an object can not be changed." To me, that reads like "it is
permissible to not change an object, but it is possible that an object may
be changed." Switching to "cannot" makes a stronger assertion that it is
impossible to change an object.

There are also two error messages, "can not move directory into itself" and
"Can not do reflog for '%s': %s\n", which I chose to not modify in this
patch. I am happy to s/an not/annot/ those as a separate change if it is
acceptable to change the wording on an error message like that.

Mark Rushakoff (1):
  doc: typo: s/can not/cannot/ and s/is does/does/

 Documentation/config/transfer.txt             | 2 +-
 Documentation/git-cvsserver.txt               | 2 +-
 Documentation/git-fetch.txt                   | 4 ++--
 Documentation/git-pull.txt                    | 2 +-
 Documentation/glossary-content.txt            | 2 +-
 Documentation/technical/api-ref-iteration.txt | 2 +-
 6 files changed, 7 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-)

base-commit: 7c20df84bd21ec0215358381844274fa10515017
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-304%2Fmark-rushakoff%2Fdocs-typofix-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-304/mark-rushakoff/docs-typofix-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/304
-- 
gitgitgadget