Subject: [PATCH 0/1] [v2.23.0 BUG] commit-graph: fix bug around octopus merges

From: "Derrick Stolee via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2019 09:43:40 -0700 (PDT)

I come, hat in hand, with a bug-fix for a bug that I wrote. I just happened
to discover this issue while playing around with turning the commit-graph on
by default and stumbled into this warning.

Please see the commit message for full details, but putting octopus merges
in a tip commit-graph file in the incremental format [1] would cause the
file to not load because Git thinks the base commit-graphs do not have the
right hashes.

It is very likely that a more careful patch would allow this warning to
become an error during git commit-graph verify, but I wanted to minimize the
change for this quick bug fix.

Thanks, -Stolee

[1] https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/

Derrick Stolee (1):
  commit-graph: fix bug around octopus merges

 commit-graph.c                | 2 +-
 t/t5324-split-commit-graph.sh | 4 +++-
 2 files changed, 4 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

base-commit: 5b15eb397d176c557a82e872d6b4043aa7589874
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-308%2Fderrickstolee%2Fcommit-graph-octopus-bug-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-308/derrickstolee/commit-graph-octopus-bug-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/308
-- 
gitgitgadget