Subject: [PATCH 0/1] commit-graph: add --[no-]progress to write and verify

From: "Garima Singh via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2019 11:37:55 -0700 (PDT)

Hey Git contributors! 

My name is Garima Singh and I work at Microsoft. I recently started working
closely with the Microsoft team contributing to the git client ecosystem. I
am very glad to have the opportunity to work with this community. I am new
to the world of git client development but I did work on the Git service
offering of Azure Developer Services for a few years. I am sure I will get
to learn a lot from all of you. 

Dr. Derrick Stolee helped me pick out my first task (Thanks Stolee!) He
mentioned an issue in the commit-graph builtin where git did not support
opting in and out of the progress output. This was bloating up the stderr
logs in VFS for Git. The progress feature was introduced in 7b0f229222
("commit-graph write: add progress output", 2018-09-17) but the ability to
opt-out was overlooked. This patch adds the --no-progress option so that
callers can control the amount of logging they receive. 

Looking forward to your review. Cheers! Garima Singh

CC: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]

Garima Singh (1):
  commit-graph: add --[no-]progress to write and verify.

 Documentation/git-commit-graph.txt |  4 +++-
 builtin/commit-graph.c             | 29 +++++++++++++++++-------
 commit-graph.c                     |  7 ++++--
 t/t5318-commit-graph.sh            | 36 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 t/t5324-split-commit-graph.sh      |  2 +-
 5 files changed, 66 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)

base-commit: 5fa0f5238b0cd46cfe7f6fa76c3f526ea98148d9
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-315%2Fgarimasi514%2FcoreGit-commit-graph-progress-toggle-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-315/garimasi514/coreGit-commit-graph-progress-toggle-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/315
-- 
gitgitgadget