Subject: [PATCH 0/1] upload-pack: fix race condition in t5516

From: "Derrick Stolee via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 18:43:29 -0700 (PDT)

This patch fixes a strange race condition that was hitting our PR builds on
microsoft/git rather frequently. See [1] for an example.

It was only happening on the MSVC builds, so somehow that compiler/platform
combination was leading to this race condition happening more often than
other platforms. See the commit message for the race condition.

The thing I am worried about is that I replaced a die() statement with an
error() and exit() pair. Is that OK? Or is there a preferred option?

Thanks, -Stolee

[1] https://gvfs.visualstudio.com/ci/_build/results?buildId=16068

Derrick Stolee (1):
  upload-pack: fix race condition in error messages

 upload-pack.c | 5 +++--
 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

base-commit: 5fa0f5238b0cd46cfe7f6fa76c3f526ea98148d9
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-324%2Fderrickstolee%2Ft5516-fix-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-324/derrickstolee/t5516-fix-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/324
-- 
gitgitgadget