Subject: [PATCH 0/1] checkout: add simple check for 'git checkout -b'

From: "Derrick Stolee via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2019 10:01:31 -0700 (PDT)

This series replaces "[RFC] Revert/delay performance regression in 'git
checkout -b'" [1].

The community response to that series seems to be:

 1. 'git switch' is still experimental, so don't warn that users should
    adopt it right away.

 2. 'git checkout -b ' should do the fast thing, and we should check the
    arguments directly.

This series makes 'git checkout -b ' do the same thing as 'git switch -c '.

Thanks, -Stolee

[1] https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/

Derrick Stolee (1):
  checkout: add simple check for 'git checkout -b'

 builtin/checkout.c | 9 +++++++++
 1 file changed, 9 insertions(+)

base-commit: 5fa0f5238b0cd46cfe7f6fa76c3f526ea98148d9
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-325%2Fderrickstolee%2Fcheckout-b-fast-again-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-325/derrickstolee/checkout-b-fast-again-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/325
-- 
gitgitgadget