Subject: [PATCH 0/1] multi-pack-index: add --no-progress

From: "William Baker via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2019 08:37:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Git contributors!

My name is William Baker and I work at Microsoft. Over the past few years
I've worked closely with the Microsoft team contributing to the git
ecosystem and I'm excited to start working with the community.

Derrick Stolee helped me pick out my first task, and it's to add support for
opting out of the multi-pack-index progress output. The progress feature was
introduced in 144d7033 ("multi-pack-index: report progress during 'verify'",
2018-09-13) but it did not include the ability to opt-out. This patch adds
the --[no-]progress option to allow callers control whether progress is
reported.

This path is very similar to Garima Singh's series for progress reporting in
the commit-graph [1].

[1] https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/

I'm looking forward to your review. Thanks! William Baker

William Baker (1):
  multi-pack-index: add --no-progress Add --no-progress option to git
    multi-pack-index. The progress feature was added in 144d703
    ("multi-pack-index: report progress during 'verify'", 2018-09-13)
    but the ability to opt-out was overlooked.

 Documentation/git-multi-pack-index.txt |  6 +++++-
 builtin/multi-pack-index.c             | 14 +++++++++---
 midx.c                                 | 30 +++++++++++++++++---------
 midx.h                                 |  6 ++++--
 t/t5319-multi-pack-index.sh            | 30 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 5 files changed, 70 insertions(+), 16 deletions(-)

base-commit: 5fa0f5238b0cd46cfe7f6fa76c3f526ea98148d9
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-337%2Fwilbaker%2Fmulti-pack-index-progress-toggle-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-337/wilbaker/multi-pack-index-progress-toggle-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/337
-- 
gitgitgadget