Subject: [PATCH 0/1] fsmonitor: don't fill bitmap with entries to be removed

From: "William Baker via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2019 12:49:55 -0700 (PDT)

This patch series fixes a segfault that I encountered while testing
fsmonitor. Under some circumstances, the fsmonitor extension was being
written with too many bits, and subsequent git commands would segfault when
trying to apply the bits to the index.

As part of these changes I've added some BUG checks that would have helped
catch this problem sooner. Special thanks to Dscho for pointing me in the
right direction and suggesting a test that can reproduce the issue.

Thanks, William

William Baker (1):
  fsmonitor: don't fill bitmap with entries to be removed

 fsmonitor.c                 | 29 ++++++++++++++++++++++++-----
 t/t7519-status-fsmonitor.sh | 12 ++++++++++++
 t/t7519/fsmonitor-env       | 24 ++++++++++++++++++++++++
 3 files changed, 60 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)
 create mode 100755 t/t7519/fsmonitor-env

base-commit: 5fa0f5238b0cd46cfe7f6fa76c3f526ea98148d9
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-372%2Fwilbaker%2Ffix_git_fsmonitor_crash-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-372/wilbaker/fix_git_fsmonitor_crash-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/372
-- 
gitgitgadget