Subject: [PATCH 0/1] builtin/blame.c: bit field constants into bit shift format

From: "Hariom Verma via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 18:30:34 +0000

we are looking at bitfield constants, and elsewhere in the Git source code,
such cases are handled via bit shift operators rather than octal numbers,
which also makes it easier to spot holes in the range (if, say, 1<<5 was
missing, it is easier to spot it between 1<<4 and 1<<6 than it is to spot a
missing 040 between a 020 and a 0100). Also, bit shifts lead to low-level
optimizations because they require fewer calculations for the CPU. 

Special Thanks to @dscho for helping me out throughout the process.

Hariom Verma (1):
  builtin/blame.c: constants into bit shift format

 builtin/blame.c | 24 ++++++++++++------------
 1 file changed, 12 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)

base-commit: 08da6496b61341ec45eac36afcc8f94242763468
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-382%2Fharry-hov%2Fenum-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-382/harry-hov/enum-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/382
-- 
gitgitgadget