Subject: [PATCH 0/1] Properly peel tags in can_all_from_reach_with_flags()

From: "Derrick Stolee via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 07:22:54 -0700 (PDT)

As Peff reported [1], the refactored can_all_from_reach_with_flags() method
does not properly peel tags. Since the helper method can_all_from_reach()
and code in t/helper/test-reach.c all peel tags before getting to this
method, it is not super-simple to create a test that demonstrates this.

I modified t/helper/test-reach.c to allow calling
can_all_from_reach_with_flags() directly, and added a test in
t6600-test-reach.sh that demonstrates the segfault without the fix. The fix
in commit-reach.c is Peff's fix verbatim.

[1] 
https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/T/#u

Derrick Stolee (1):
  commit-reach: properly peel tags

 commit-reach.c        | 25 ++++++++++++++++++-------
 t/helper/test-reach.c | 22 +++++++++++++++++-----
 t/t6600-test-reach.sh | 30 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
 3 files changed, 63 insertions(+), 14 deletions(-)

base-commit: 6621c838743812aaba96e55cfec8524ea1144c2d
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tags/pr-39%2Fderrickstolee%2Ftag-fix-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-39/derrickstolee/tag-fix-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/39
-- 
gitgitgadget