Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Dir rename fixes

From: "Elijah Newren via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2019 13:42:23 -0700 (PDT)

This series improves a couple things found after looking into things Dscho
flagged:

 * clarify and slightly restructure code in the get_renamed_dir_portion()
   function
 * extend support of detecting renaming/merging of one directory into
   another to support the root directory as a target directory

First patch best viewed with a --histogram diff, which I sadly don't know
how to make gitgitgadget generate.

Elijah Newren (2):
  merge-recursive: clean up get_renamed_dir_portion()
  merge-recursive: fix merging a subdirectory into the root directory

 merge-recursive.c                   | 89 +++++++++++++++++++++--------
 t/t6043-merge-rename-directories.sh | 56 ++++++++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 121 insertions(+), 24 deletions(-)

base-commit: 08da6496b61341ec45eac36afcc8f94242763468
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-390%2Fnewren%2Fdir-rename-fixes-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-390/newren/dir-rename-fixes-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/390
-- 
gitgitgadget