Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Clean up leaks in commit-graph.c

From: "Derrick Stolee via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2018 07:58:43 -0700 (PDT)

While looking at the commit-graph code, I noticed some memory leaks. These
can be found by running

valgrind --leak-check=full ./git commit-graph write --reachable

The impact of these leaks are small, as we never call write_commit_graph
_reachable in a loop, but it is best to be diligent here.

While looking at memory consumption within write_commit_graph(), I noticed
that we initialize our oid list with "object count / 4", which seems to be a
huge over-count. I reduce this by a factor of eight.

I built off of ab/commit-graph-progress, because my patch involves lines
close to those changes.

Thanks, -Stolee

Derrick Stolee (2):
  commit-graph: clean up leaked memory during write
  commit-graph: reduce initial oid allocation

 commit-graph.c | 10 ++++++++--
 1 file changed, 8 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

base-commit: 6b89a34c89fc763292f06012318b852b74825619
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tags/pr-42%2Fderrickstolee%2Fcommit-graph-leak-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-42/derrickstolee/commit-graph-leak-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/42
-- 
gitgitgadget