Subject: [PATCH 0/1] [v2.24.0-rc0 BUG] index.version is not parsed correctly

From: "Derrick Stolee via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2019 20:38:56 +0000

Here is another bug related to changes I made in this release. This time
it's not due to a strange side-effect of submodules but rather that I was
careless while copy-pasting some boilerplate code.

Basically, most of the config options used in repo-settings.c are boolean
settings. Except that "index.version" is an int setting!

I found this while incorporating v2.24.0-rc0 into our microsoft/git fork and
consuming it in VFS for Git. We really care about the index having version
4!

The tests I added around how the index version is set were not adequate to
cover the case of only "index.version=4". Add a test to prevent this issue
from happening again.

Thanks, -Stolee

Derrick Stolee (1):
  repo-settings: read an int for index.version

 repo-settings.c  | 2 +-
 t/t1600-index.sh | 4 ++++
 2 files changed, 5 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

base-commit: d966095db01190a2196e31195ea6fa0c722aa732
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-420%2Fderrickstolee%2Frepo-settings-fix-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-420/derrickstolee/repo-settings-fix-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/420
-- 
gitgitgadget