Subject: [PATCH 00/10] [Outreachy] Move doc to header files

From: "Heba Waly via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2019 10:00:36 +0000

Move the documentation from Documentation/technical/api-*.txt to the
corresponding header file, as it's easier for the developers to find the
usage information beside the code instead of looking for it in another doc
file.

Also documentation/technical/api-*.txt is removed because the information it
has is will be redundant and it'll be hard to keep it up to date and
synchronized with the documentation in the header files.

Signed-off-by: Heba Waly [email-masked]

Heba Waly (10):
  diff: move doc to diff.h and diffcore.h
  dir: move doc to dir.h
  graph: move doc to graph.h and graph.c
  merge: move doc to ll-merge.h
  sha1-array: move doc to sha1-array.h
  remote: move doc to remote.h and refspec.h
  refs: move doc to refs.h
  attr: move doc to attr.h
  revision: move doc to revision.h
  pathspec: move doc to pathspec.h

 Documentation/technical/api-diff.txt          | 174 ------------------
 .../technical/api-directory-listing.txt       | 130 -------------
 Documentation/technical/api-gitattributes.txt | 154 ----------------
 Documentation/technical/api-history-graph.txt | 173 -----------------
 Documentation/technical/api-merge.txt         | 104 -----------
 Documentation/technical/api-oid-array.txt     |  90 ---------
 Documentation/technical/api-ref-iteration.txt |  78 --------
 Documentation/technical/api-remote.txt        | 127 -------------
 .../technical/api-revision-walking.txt        |  72 --------
 Documentation/technical/api-setup.txt         |  47 -----
 attr.h                                        | 141 +++++++++++++-
 diff.h                                        | 127 +++++++++++++
 diffcore.h                                    |  32 ++++
 dir.h                                         | 118 +++++++++++-
 graph.c                                       |   1 +
 graph.h                                       | 121 ++++++++++++
 ll-merge.h                                    |  80 +++++++-
 pathspec.h                                    |  34 +++-
 refs.h                                        |  51 +++++
 refspec.h                                     |  16 ++
 remote.h                                      |  57 +++++-
 revision.h                                    |  59 ++++++
 sha1-array.h                                  |  80 ++++++++
 23 files changed, 900 insertions(+), 1166 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 Documentation/technical/api-diff.txt
 delete mode 100644 Documentation/technical/api-directory-listing.txt
 delete mode 100644 Documentation/technical/api-gitattributes.txt
 delete mode 100644 Documentation/technical/api-history-graph.txt
 delete mode 100644 Documentation/technical/api-merge.txt
 delete mode 100644 Documentation/technical/api-oid-array.txt
 delete mode 100644 Documentation/technical/api-ref-iteration.txt
 delete mode 100644 Documentation/technical/api-remote.txt
 delete mode 100644 Documentation/technical/api-revision-walking.txt
 delete mode 100644 Documentation/technical/api-setup.txt

base-commit: 566a1439f6f56c2171b8853ddbca0ad3f5098770
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-434%2FHebaWaly%2Fmove-doc-to-header-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-434/HebaWaly/move-doc-to-header-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/434
-- 
gitgitgadget