Subject: [PATCH 0/3] mingw: require Windows Vista or later (and fix the Windows CI builds)

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2018 12:43:39 -0700 (PDT)

I noticed that a recent GitGitGadget build failed in the Windows phase, with
compat/poll/poll.h problems all over the place.

Turns out that this is caused by the recent upgrade of the mingw-w64 headers
and crt files (7.0.0.5233.e0c09544 -> 7.0.0.5245.edf66197, which I assume
now enforces Vista as minimal Windows version also for all mingw-w64
projects).

Luckily, in Git for Windows' master, we already had changes to require Vista
(for unrelated reasons: to restrict the std handle inheritance when spawning
new processes).

Technically, Windows Vista is already no longer supported
[https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/22882/windows-vista-end-of-support]
, but we do try to keep Git building on older Windows version, up until the
point when it becomes too big of a maintenance burden.

Johannes Schindelin (3):
  compat/poll: prepare for targeting Windows Vista
  mingw: set _WIN32_WINNT explicitly for Git for Windows
  mingw: bump the minimum Windows version to Vista

 compat/poll/poll.c |  6 +++---
 compat/poll/poll.h | 15 +++++++++++++++
 config.mak.uname   |  4 ----
 git-compat-util.h  |  4 ++--
 4 files changed, 20 insertions(+), 9 deletions(-)

base-commit: fe8321ec057f9231c26c29b364721568e58040f7
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tags/pr-44%2Fdscho%2Frequire-windows-vista-or-later-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-44/dscho/require-windows-vista-or-later-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/44
-- 
gitgitgadget