Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Provide a useful default user ident on Windows

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2018 02:47:03 -0700 (PDT)

On Linux, we use the gecos information to come up with a sensible user
name/email. On Windows, there is no gecos. But there is something
comparable, and with these patches, we use it.

This has been carried in Git for Windows for three years, and is considered
mature.

Johannes Schindelin (3):
  getpwuid(mingw): initialize the structure only once
  getpwuid(mingw): provide a better default for the user name
  mingw: use domain information for default email

 compat/mingw.c    | 60 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++------
 compat/mingw.h    |  2 ++
 git-compat-util.h |  4 ++++
 ident.c           |  3 +++
 4 files changed, 62 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-)

base-commit: 5a0cc8aca797dbd7d2be3b67458ff880ed45cddf
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tags/pr-45%2Fdscho%2Fdefault-ident-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-45/dscho/default-ident-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/45
-- 
gitgitgadget