Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Feature: New Variable git-p4.binary

From: "Ben Keene via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2019 21:14:23 +0000

Issue: Using git-p4.py on Windows does not resolve properly to the p4.exe
binary in all instances.

Two new code features are added to resolve the p4 executable location:

 1. A new variable, git-p4.binary, has been added that takes precedence over
    the default p4 executable name. If this git option is set and the
    path.exists() passes for this file it will be used as executable for the 
    system.popen calls.

 2. If the new variable git-p4.binary is not set, the program checks if the
    operating system is Windows. If it is, the executable is changed to
    'p4.exe'. All other operating systems
    (those that do not report 'Windows' in the platform.system() call)
    continue to use the current executable of 'p4'.

Ben Keene (2):
  Cast byte strings to unicode strings in python3
  Added general variable git-p4.binary and added a default for windows
    of 'P4.EXE'

 Documentation/git-p4.txt |  5 +++++
 git-p4.py                | 40 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---
 2 files changed, 42 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

base-commit: d9f6f3b6195a0ca35642561e530798ad1469bd41
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-465%2Fseraphire%2Fseraphire%2Fp4-binary-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-465/seraphire/seraphire/p4-binary-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/465
-- 
gitgitgadget