Subject: [PATCH 0/1] add--interactive: skip index refresh in reset patch mode

From: "Nika Layzell via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2019 19:56:39 +0000

The refresh command is called from git-add--interactive to ensure that git's
view of the worktree is up-to-date. This is necessary for most commands
which use git-add--interactive, as they are interacting with the worktree,
however it's not necessary for git-reset, which exclusively operates on the
index. This patch skips the refresh call when performing a git-reset -p,
which can improve performance on large repositories which have out-of-date,
or no, caches of the current worktree state.

I chose to use the existing FILTER property of the flavour to make this
decision. A separate REFRESH property could be added instead.

Nika Layzell (1):
  add--interactive: skip index refresh in reset patch mode

 git-add--interactive.perl | 4 +++-
 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

base-commit: 5fa0f5238b0cd46cfe7f6fa76c3f526ea98148d9
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-475%2Fmystor%2Findex-only-refresh-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-475/mystor/index-only-refresh-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/475
-- 
gitgitgadget