Subject: [PATCH 0/1] Brown-bag fix on top of js/mingw-inherit-only-std-handles

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2019 21:44:35 +0000

Johannes "Hannes" Sixt pointed out that this patch series (which already
made it to next) introduces a problem: when falling back to spawning the
process without restricting the file handles, errno is not set accurately.

Sadly, the regression test failure observed by Hannes did not show up over
here, nor in the PR builds (or, for that matter, the literally hundreds of
CI builds that patch series underwent as part of Git for Windows' master 
branch). The cause was that errno is set to the expected ENOENT by another 
part of the code, too, that happens right before the calls to 
CreateProcessW(): the test whether a given path refers to a script that
needs to be executed via an interpreter (such as sh.exe) obviously needs to
open the file, and that obviously fails, setting errno = ENOENT!

I have currently no idea what function call could be responsible for
re-setting errno to the reported ERANGE... But at least over here, when I
partially apply this patch, the part that sets errno = 0;, t0061.2 fails for
me, too.

Johannes Schindelin (1):
  mingw: do set `errno` correctly when trying to restrict handle
    inheritance

 compat/mingw.c | 5 ++++-
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

base-commit: ac33519ddfa818f420b4ef5a09b4a7b3ac8adeb8
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-480%2Fdscho%2Fmingw-inherit-only-std-handles-set-errno-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-480/dscho/mingw-inherit-only-std-handles-set-errno-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/480
-- 
gitgitgadget