Subject: [PATCH 0/1] sparse-checkout: respect core.ignoreCase in cone mode

From: "Derrick Stolee via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2019 19:42:59 +0000

This is the first of several cleanups to the sparse-checkout feature that
had a large overhaul in ds/sparse-cone.

We have an internal customer that plans to use sparse-checkout as a core
feature of their version control experience. They use a case-insensitive
filesystem, so as they created their directory dependency graph they did not
keep consistent casing. This data is what they plan to feed to "git
sparse-checkout set".

While I would certainly prefer that the data is cleaned up (and that process
is ongoing), I could not argue with the logic that git add does the "right
thing" when core.ignoreCase is enabled.

Thanks, -Stolee

Derrick Stolee (1):
  sparse-checkout: respect core.ignoreCase in cone mode

 Documentation/git-sparse-checkout.txt |  4 ++++
 builtin/sparse-checkout.c             | 19 +++++++++++++++++--
 cache.h                               |  1 +
 name-hash.c                           | 10 ++++++++++
 t/t1091-sparse-checkout-builtin.sh    | 13 +++++++++++++
 5 files changed, 45 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

base-commit: cff4e9138d8df45e3b6199171092ee781cdadaeb
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-488%2Fderrickstolee%2Fsparse-case-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-488/derrickstolee/sparse-case-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/488
-- 
gitgitgadget