Subject: [PATCH 0/1] git-gui: add possibility to open currently selected file

From: "Zoli Szabó via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2019 19:01:54 +0000

...in the default associated app (e.g. in a text editor / IDE).

Many times there's the need to quickly open a source file (the one you're
looking at in Git GUI) in the predefined text editor / IDE. Of course, the
file can be searched for in your preferred file manager or directly in the
text editor, but having the option to directly open the current file from
Git GUI would be just faster. This change enables just that by:

 * Diff header path context menu -> Open;
 * or double-clicking the diff header path.

One "downside" of the approach is that executable files will be run and not
opened for editing.

Signed-off-by: Zoli Szabó [email-masked] [[email-masked]]

Zoli Szabó (1):
  git-gui: add possibility to open currently selected file

 git-gui.sh | 26 ++++++++++++++++++++++++--
 1 file changed, 24 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

base-commit: 23cbe427c44645a3ab0449919e55bade5eb264bc
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-499%2Fzoliszabo%2Fgit-gui%2Fopen-current-file-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-499/zoliszabo/git-gui/open-current-file-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/499
-- 
gitgitgadget