Subject: [PATCH 0/1] sparse-checkout: list directories in cone mode

From: "Derrick Stolee via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2019 20:49:06 +0000

When in cone mode, "git sparse-checkout set" takes a list of folders and
constructs an ordered list of patterns for the sparse-checkout file. The
"git sparse-checkout list" subcommand outputs the contents of the
sparse-checkout file in a very basic way.

This patch changes the behavior of "git sparse-checkout list" when
core.sparseCheckoutCone=true. It will output the folders that were used in
"git sparse-checkout set" to create the patterns, instead of the patterns
themselves.

I believe this was requested in the initial review, but I cannot find that
message now.

I was going to include this as part of a longer follow-up series, but I
think this may be worth considering for the 2.25.0 release. Hence, it is
included by itself.

Thanks, -Stolee

Derrick Stolee (1):
  sparse-checkout: list folders in cone mode

 Documentation/git-sparse-checkout.txt | 11 ++++++++++-
 builtin/sparse-checkout.c             | 21 +++++++++++++++++++++
 t/t1091-sparse-checkout-builtin.sh    | 11 +++++++++++
 3 files changed, 42 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

base-commit: 761e3d26bbe44c51f83c4f1ad198461f57029ebd
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-500%2Fderrickstolee%2Fsparse-checkout-list-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-500/derrickstolee/sparse-checkout-list-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/500
-- 
gitgitgadget