Subject: [PATCH 0/3] t: rework tests for --pathspec-from-file

From: "Alexandr Miloslavskiy via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2019 17:42:24 +0000

Please refer to commit messages for rationale.

This branch is a follow-up for [1] where part of branch was merged into `master` via [2].

Previously in [3] there were some concerns on whether removing
copy&pasted tests is good. I still think that yes, it 's a good thing,
mostly because of high volume of potential 13*6=78 duplicate tests.

Still, I separated this change as last patch, so that the remaining
part of the branch can be taken without it.

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/
[2] https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/
[3] https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

Alexandr Miloslavskiy (3):
  t: fix quotes tests for --pathspec-from-file
  t: directly test parse_pathspec_file()
  t: drop copy&pasted tests for --pathspec-from-file

 Makefile                            |  1 +
 t/helper/test-parse-pathspec-file.c | 34 +++++++++++
 t/helper/test-tool.c                |  1 +
 t/helper/test-tool.h                |  1 +
 t/t0067-parse_pathspec_file.sh      | 89 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 t/t2026-checkout-pathspec-file.sh   | 70 +----------------------
 t/t2072-restore-pathspec-file.sh    | 70 +----------------------
 t/t3704-add-pathspec-file.sh        | 70 +----------------------
 t/t7107-reset-pathspec-file.sh      | 79 +++----------------------
 t/t7526-commit-pathspec-file.sh     | 70 +----------------------
 10 files changed, 142 insertions(+), 343 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 t/helper/test-parse-pathspec-file.c
 create mode 100755 t/t0067-parse_pathspec_file.sh

base-commit: 0a76bd7381ec0dbb7c43776eb6d1ac906bca29e6
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-503%2FSyntevoAlex%2F%230207(git)_2b_test_parse_directly-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-503/SyntevoAlex/#0207(git)_2b_test_parse_directly-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/503
-- 
gitgitgadget