Subject: [PATCH 0/1] sparse-checkout: use extern for global variables

From: "Derrick Stolee via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2019 13:17:47 +0000

I noticed this issue when resolving conflicts with our VFS for Git-enabled
branch in microsoft/git.

When I moved the global for core.sparseCheckout along with creating the
global for core.sparseCheckoutCone, I dropped the "extern" by habit. (We are
dropping these from function declarations, usually.) However, this means
something different for variables, and could lead to bugs. I haven't found
any, but it's better to be safe, right?

Thanks, -Stolee

Derrick Stolee (1):
  sparse-checkout: use extern for global variables

 cache.h | 4 ++--
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

base-commit: 99c33bed562b41de6ce9bd3fd561303d39645048
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-506%2Fderrickstolee%2Fsparse-extern-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-506/derrickstolee/sparse-extern-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/506
-- 
gitgitgadget