Subject: [PATCH 0/1] [Outreachy] [RFC] add: use advise function to display hints

From: "Heba Waly via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2020 03:04:00 +0000

The advise function in advice.c provides a neat and a standard format for
hint messages, i.e: the text is colored in yellow and the line starts by the
word "hint:".

This patch suggests using this advise function whenever displaying hints to
improve the user experience, as the user's eyes will get used to the format
and will scan the screen for the yellow hints whenever confused instead of
reading all the output lines looking for advice.

Heba Waly (1):
  add: use advise function to display hints

 builtin/add.c  | 4 ++--
 t/t3700-add.sh | 2 +-
 2 files changed, 3 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

base-commit: 0a76bd7381ec0dbb7c43776eb6d1ac906bca29e6
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-508%2FHebaWaly%2Fformatting_hints-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-508/HebaWaly/formatting_hints-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/508
-- 
gitgitgadget