Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Fix two bugs in graph.c

From: "Derrick Stolee via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2020 14:55:44 +0000

This is a possible fix for the bug reported in [1].

The first commit fixes the runtime failure due to the assert() statement.

The second commit replaces the assert() statements with a macro that
triggers a BUG().

The third commit adds another test that shows a more complicated example and
how the new code in v2.25.0-rc1 has a behavior change that is not
necessarily wanted.

Thanks, -Stolee

[1] 
https://lore.kernel.org/git/CAHt=[email-masked]/

Derrick Stolee (3):
  graph: fix case that hit assert()
  graph: replace assert() with graph_assert() macro
  t4215: add bigger graph collapse test

 graph.c                      |  39 +++++++------
 t/t4215-log-skewed-merges.sh | 105 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 126 insertions(+), 18 deletions(-)

base-commit: 8679ef24ed64018bb62170c43ce73e0261c0600a
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-517%2Fderrickstolee%2Fgraph-assert-fix-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-517/derrickstolee/graph-assert-fix-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/517
-- 
gitgitgadget