Subject: [PATCH] templates: fix deprecated type option `--bool`

From: "Lucius Hu via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2020 22:53:32 +0000

From: Lucius Hu <[email-masked]>

The `--bool` option to `git-config` is marked as historical, and users are
recommended to use `--type=bool` instead. This commit replaces all occurrences
of `--bool` in the templates.

Also note that, no other deprecated type options are found, including `--int`,
`--bool-or-int`, `--path`, or `--expiry-date`.

Signed-off-by: Lucius Hu <[email-masked]>
---
    templates: Fix depracated type option --bool
    
    The --bool option to git-config is marked as historical, and users are
    recommended to use --type=bool instead. This commit replaces all
    occurrences of --bool in the templates.
    
    Also note that, no other depracated type options are found, including 
    --int,--bool-or-int, --path, or --expiry-date.

Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-522%2Flebensterben%2Fmaster-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-522/lebensterben/master-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/522

 templates/hooks--pre-commit.sample |  2 +-
 templates/hooks--update.sample     | 10 +++++-----
 2 files changed, 6 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)

diff --git a/templates/hooks--pre-commit.sample b/templates/hooks--pre-commit.sample
index 6a75641638..e144712c85 100755
--- a/templates/hooks--pre-commit.sample
+++ b/templates/hooks--pre-commit.sample
@@ -16,7 +16,7 @@ else
 fi
 
 # If you want to allow non-ASCII filenames set this variable to true.
-allownonascii=$(git config --bool hooks.allownonascii)
+allownonascii=$(git config --type=bool hooks.allownonascii)
 
 # Redirect output to stderr.
 exec 1>&2
diff --git a/templates/hooks--update.sample b/templates/hooks--update.sample
index 80ba94135c..5014c4b31c 100755
--- a/templates/hooks--update.sample
+++ b/templates/hooks--update.sample
@@ -43,11 +43,11 @@ if [ -z "$refname" -o -z "$oldrev" -o -z "$newrev" ]; then
 fi
 
 # --- Config
-allowunannotated=$(git config --bool hooks.allowunannotated)
-allowdeletebranch=$(git config --bool hooks.allowdeletebranch)
-denycreatebranch=$(git config --bool hooks.denycreatebranch)
-allowdeletetag=$(git config --bool hooks.allowdeletetag)
-allowmodifytag=$(git config --bool hooks.allowmodifytag)
+allowunannotated=$(git config --type=bool hooks.allowunannotated)
+allowdeletebranch=$(git config --type=bool hooks.allowdeletebranch)
+denycreatebranch=$(git config --type=bool hooks.denycreatebranch)
+allowdeletetag=$(git config --type=bool hooks.allowdeletetag)
+allowmodifytag=$(git config --type=bool hooks.allowmodifytag)
 
 # check for no description
 projectdesc=$(sed -e '1q' "$GIT_DIR/description")

base-commit: 7a6a90c6ec48fc78c83d7090d6c1b95d8f3739c0
-- 
gitgitgadget