Subject: [PATCH 0/3] git gui: improve German translation

From: "Christian Stimming via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2020 22:33:35 +0000

Update German translation to recent code additions, but also switch several
terms from uncommon translations back to English vocabulary.

This most prominently concerns "commit" (noun, verb), "repository" (both in
the second commit), and "branch" (this and others in the third commit).
These uncommon translations have been introduced long ago and never been
changed since. In fact, the whole German translation here hasn't been
touched for a long time. However, in German literature and magazines,
git-gui is regularly noted for its uncommon choice of translated vocabulary.
This somewhat distracts from the actual benefits of this tool. So it is
probably better to abandon the uncommon translations and rather stick to the
common English vocabulary in git version control.

The glossary is adapted to the git-core glossary at
https://github.com/ruester/git-po-de/wiki/Translation-Guidelinesand the
changed and updated terms are used in the actual translation accordingly.

Christian Stimming (3):
  git-gui: update german translation to most recently created pot
    templates
  git-gui: update german translation
  git-gui: completed german translation

 po/de.po          | 3617 ++++++++++++++++++++++++---------------------
 po/glossary/de.po |  172 ++-
 2 files changed, 2068 insertions(+), 1721 deletions(-)

base-commit: 0d2116c6441079a5a1091e4cf152fd9d5fa9811b
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-525%2Fcstim%2Fcstim-gitgui-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-525/cstim/cstim-gitgui-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/525
-- 
gitgitgadget